Saturday 26 July 2014

Amaze Balls

As a vegetarian with aspirational vegan tendencies coupled with a serious liking for chocolate, and a desire to give my toddler healthy snacks I have been coming up with ways that I can enjoy the taste of chocolate without having to spoil it with cow pus or exorbitant quantities of sugar!  I am a fan of Nakd bars which are made with raisins and nuts and stuff and I thought I would have a go at making my own using the ingredients listed on the pack.  

Here is my first attempt at a chocolatey vegan homemade snack, I call them Amaze Balls because you will be amazed at the flavour (and they are ball shaped!(and it sounds awesome!))




This is how I made them:

In a blender place 5 dates, 50g raisins, 2tbs coca powder, 50g cashew nuts and 1/2 tsp orange essence. 
Blend until they become a thick paste,
Roll into beautiful shiny balls,
EAT!

(Warning these are addictive! They won't be around for long!)

1 comment:

  1. We call them bliss balls! I like putting peanut/cashew butter in mine too (the meridian one with nothing extra in it). They certainly are amaze balls! :)

    On a different note - I used to be totally addicted to chocolate but I read a book called 'chocolate busters' by Jason Vale and I don't eat it at all now. Liberating!

    I'm looking forward to trying your proportions in my next batch!

    ReplyDelete